Wednesday, February 1, 2012

My Minestrone Soup

"Be happy.  It's one way of being wise."
– Colette

I can't stop cooking. For whom I dont know. Do I have OCD? WTH?
 Somebody stop me! I'm not even eating! My freezer is!! Wanna come over? You know what I'm making now? I found Ma's recipe for Turkey Croquettes! Im having a ball! The bummer is that this recipe of hers takes so long! I am chilling things, while chilling wine, while drinking wine...
Im so not showing you peoples the kitchen. Forget it.
God send me a quilt to make. Its bad.


1/2 lb Bacon diced small
2 TBLSP crushed Garlic
 1/2 cup hearty red wine
1  Bay Leaf
1 cup chopped cabbage
1 cup chopped potatoes
1 cup fresh leafed spinach, chopped
1 cup small shell pasta
1 can 15 oz kidney beans
1 Can Garbanzo Beans
1/2 tblsp oregano
1 onion, chopped
1 gallon beef stock
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 cup carrots diced
1 cup celery diced
1 can green beans
1 lb diced tomatoes
1 tsp basil
1 tsp cumin
Kosher Salt to taste

Fry Bacon until crisp, drain, reserve grease
Saute onion and garlic in reserved grease until tender and aromatic
 Add wine, srap down pan and boil out alcohol (5 min)
return bacon to the 7 Quart Pot.
Add stock and seasonings heat to boiling.
Add vegetables and pasta. Simmer 45 minutes Check for salt content, adjust
Remove bay leaf and serve with shaved Parm cheese on top, and a crusty bread.
MANJA

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails