Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Cookies Are ALWAYS The Answer


Right? To most important questions! Or maybe a way of sticking heads in sand? Or mapping out a new life? Or telling people that you're thinking of them? How about just saying
HERE! I'm fond of you! Damn it!
One can analyze til the cows come home but I just like cookies. Yes, please include all of the above mentioned reasons too.
My life has been a crazy mixed up mess of organized chaos and still she makes cookies. Because I can! Two weeks ago I did a mediocre Baby Ruth cookie...Last week I had an epic fail at a strong chocolate try.. This week, VICTORY!  Peanut butterfingers...to your knees cookies! Next week I have a NO NAME surprise cookie!
I'm so not a baker eh? Thats Blimas job. However, even if cupcakes is not my forte, I can still produce heaven in the kitchen on most days!

Its amazing what memories can be brought to mind with a recipe, especially a cookie. Every loved one, or loved ones friends come to mind. What a tickle for me.
This is a third try and winner cookie. I opened the test kitchen to try to create a cookie from a friends love of a candy late at night. God I love cookies. go make em for someone! Watch the pleasure ooze from thier face..lol Even my Quick Books Teacher Kvelled with every bite!

Peanut Butterfingers

3/4 C Sugar
2/3 C light brown sugar
1/2 C butter, softened
2 Egg Whites
1 1/2 tsp pure Vanilla
1 1/4 C  Crunchy (JIF) peanut butter
1 C flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking Soda
12 OZ butterfinger candy bars
------------------------------------------------------
In food processor blend sugars, butter, egg whites, and vanilla until light and fluffy. ( maybe 1 min or so)
Add PB and pulse several times until combined.
Add flour, salt, and soda and pulse a few times more. Dont do too much. ( gets doughy, ask me how I know)
Place this mixture in a large bowl.
Cut up all candy into about 1/4 inch bites. (avoid sampling, ok, maybe 1) Stir into the dough mixture.
Scoop 1 1/2 tablespoon heaps onto greased cookie sheets. Flatten with a sugary dipped fork to make a crosshatch. ( scuse quilter referance)
Bake at 350 for 12 to 14 minutes. They will be golden but soft centered with dry edges.
Let Cool on sheets a few minutes before transferring to wire racks. ( cause they'll fall a gooey part!)

Serve with flour on your forehead, goofy grin on your lips, and an ice cold glass of milk:)

I'm sorry to have forgotten my Marvelous Monday Manners!

M & M's include:

Cookie deliveries!
Good sales
2 Buck Chuck
A safe ride

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails