Tuesday, August 25, 2009

How ya Doing G?

Is the question of the day. Asked by many, including myself.
ANSWER: I've been better.... but I've certainly been worse.I'm sorry for being AWOL...AGAIN... But I find it most difficult to negatively blog!! I really do! I mean how many sad blogabouts can there be???? SO we will keep it as UP as we possibly can. I refuse to go down the rabbit hole just to see how far it is.

By now I'm sure that most of you know two things. That the quilt retreat was great, despite the "head up her ass" of yours truly.
And that my Walt fell very very ill the day that our gracious instructor arrived. What a two edged sword for me eh!!! All that fun and learning to be had and I couldnt keep a thought in my head! However, I do deserve an OSCAR, for the award winning performance. grunt.
Thanks to all for your hugs, help and comfort much needed. I have pictures ... somewhere? Our happy historian slash promoter, marketer.. Heather was the lucky winner of the Key Lime Pie. I'm happy for her too. She worked hard on getting this gig together! ( OH! Now I now where the pics are!!) LOL
As for my Walt, its Tuesday night and we know nothing of his illness. He has taken a turn for the worse today. The blood transfusions do not seem to be working. I am about to have a throw down to get him sent to Stanford or ANYWHERE there is a big brain in the house. As I said, I seriously refuse to be negative. Besides... lightning doesnt strike twice in the same spot. So pray with me, please.
I am juggling time with the hospital and the Inn, so I dont know how often I can write, but I shall try. It just feels good.
Love yer guts still, G

26 comments:

Tina C. said...

Holy crap, Gina. It sure sounds serious. I can't believe you have so much on your plate. We'll be thinking about you and praying for Walt.

Tina C.

Diana said...

You poor thing! I'm praying hard for Walt's recovery. Much love to you!

Carol said...

Oh Gina, no, this is too much - sending love and prayers your way for some good news for Walt's health and strength for you.

Marilyn said...

Prayers are going up for Walt and for yourself.....

Kim S said...

Oh my gosh... I will be keeping you and Walt in my thoughts hoping he is feeling better and at home soon!

The Sarah Bear said...

I just can't say enough how much G and W need your prayers. Gina is so good about tending to others, but being there this weekend I know first hand how sick Walt is and prayers are definitely needed. NO CLUE what is wrong, but something is definitely not good. Thank you for loving them through this - I admire Gina's strength more than I could ever express. I knew when I met her she was an amazing woman and over 11 years later she continues to prove it to me DAILY!

G and W - love you, thinking of you, praying for you.

Deborah Levy said...

You are both in my thoughts and prayers. Sending good karma your way.

Vicki W said...

Oh Gina, I'm so sorry to hear that Walt is sick. I hope you can get the big brains on the case soon and figure out what it is.

Anonymous said...

Oh man, I didn't know until yesterday and my first thought was how stong you are even though you don't think so. Of course being a nurse, my second thought was "I wonder what his symptoms are". Please keep us informed and bless you.

Penny (Bubar)

Judy Whitehead said...

Gina my thoughts are with both of you for strength and healing. {{{hug}}}

Freda said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and Walt, Gina.

Gretchen said...

Oh no Gina! I am so sorry to hear that Walt is ill. I wish I could be there to give you a hand and a big hug. hang in there, you have lots of love behind you.

Anonymous said...

Gina, Wayne and I will be praying for both you and Walt.
Blessing dear one.
jill

Desert Threads said...

Still talking to Mari to see if there is anything to tell us that will help.
Give the hospital till Thursday to come up with an answer. If not, demand that he be sent to a larger hospital......along with all his records. You have that right.
You know I'm here is you need help or a shoulder.

Jackie Russell said...

I'm sending hugs and prayers your way.

Pam said...

Gina, I can't believe how well you did hold up for us at the retreat.. and you've been in my thoughts everyday since we've been home... you and Walt are in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

Sending many prayers and cyberhugs. Life is just so... "challenging", it sucks sometimes. Be strong and know you and Walt are in the thoughts and prayers of many.

Christine Olson

Anonymous said...

Well we do know it was not liver cancer, a good thing, he is still coherent, another good thing,he is still able to eat and move around, he is not on ozygen and he has been ill since June so for him to finally listen to you and get medical help is a good thing, just trying to get you to see some positive things here.... You do need a break for sure, I did not like seeing my friend so upset and carrying so much baggage, not fair.... Wish I would have stayed longer dang it, as I said go get some Xanax, it helps, I saw it work for you, take care of YOU, we cannot have you down and out too..... The hospital is doing tests right, some need to cook before they can give the results, think positive girl, I know this new gig is adding stress to your world, you have a control personality so I know how helpless you feel.
We had a great time and are all so thankful to and for you,,, Sending hugs and loads of love.. Ronda

Randi said...

Gina, you & Walt are in my thoughts & prayers. Hope you have some answers and get start getting the right treatment soon!

Anonymous said...

thinking good thoughts for you and hoping you catch a break soon.

Anonymous said...

Prayers have been sent up. Take care of yourself.

Karen A.

Sharon Dixon said...

Gina, I know how scary this must be for you.....sometimes I think it's easier being the patient than the spouse of the patient. I hope you get some answers soon. I'm thinking of you both and sending big hugs your way.

Lesley said...

Huggs G, take it moment by moment & it won't hurt to have a good old cry, it will releaves some of the stress.

Lisa said...

You are always in my thoughts and prayers, hope Walt has a speedy recovery

Turtles In Northern Florida said...

Gina you and Walt are both in my heart and in my thoughts and prayers....((((((hugs)))))

Judy Laquidara said...

Gina: You're both in my prayers. As others have said, you have way too much on your plate.

Related Posts with Thumbnails