Wednesday, October 28, 2009

On The Move--->

And now a new countdown. I have miraculously finished all quilts (save one Christmas quilt) before the poor shop breakdown. Bittersweet I might add. I am so very happy to go, yet in fear of another move and my Greta being out of "sync" with me. You see... I had the greatest opportunity to have Jack Boersma ( Boersma Sewing in Oregon) come to visit and install my new fanfreakingtastic light bar and tweak Greta into a sweet spot that I have NEVER had before. I watched this man work some magic with a mallet on her..... in horror, only to have him call me over and say, "Ok, touch with one finger". I did this and I swear I heard Angels and harps. Since that day I have not had ONE tension issue, balance issue, level issue.. NO ISSUES. THIS, dear blog readers, is indeed miraculous! I haven't so much as bumped her nor sat a tool on her in fear I would mess her up! Now.... She's going for another ride. RUT RO. I don't think Jack would make the trip again, not even for ANOTHER arm and a leg. So, it falls to us to be ever so careful, and we will, BUT.
Prayer parrot post it note: Please Dear Father keep us all safe, including Greta, with lots of helpers, and help me to never move again. Well, unless you want me to, but I don't. Period.
Rudy is being a super pain in behind chicken as he senses things have gone nuts and is screeching each time one of his flock members leaves his side. Walt is being so good about giving him treats, but u cant fool a grey eh? He knows... good thing that he is adaptable. Ginger is sniffing boxes in search of her toys even though we left a few out for her. I guess they aren't the right ones?
Walt is gaining strength daily, thank God. He even showed me a muscle last night... cute lil skinny muscle it was too. He is becoming focused on the impending move, and I think he too has found a little hope.
The kids are darn near oblivious to whats going on as Karen is about to graduate into a full fledged nurse ( Nov 14) and Jake has opened his own business way over in Idaho. Julie has been to help with Dad a few times and wow was that ever needed. I wish they would come a runnin in the next few weeks huh? But I know they cant... :::big sigh:::
The quilters back in Pismo are so excited that hugs are a plenty when I appear. I love that. I love my "chosen" profession. Gemme hugs I tell ya... ( ok, and money)
I don't know how long I will be Internet challenged so I will be relying on my blackberry for emails and the like. Wish us luck, and I'll be back ASAP. I cant wait to see my dishes again, its been 8 months! ( its the little things u know) Love yer guts!

9 comments:

Desert Threads said...

I am so glad to hear that Walt is truly on the mend! Good luck with the move. It will be worth it.

Marilyn said...

Great News...........about Walt and the move.
Good luck with all that you have to do , it
seems as though you both will be glad to
be back.

Vicki W said...

I am so glad that things seem to be heading in a positive direction - health and HOME! Good luck!

Carol said...

You are amazing and your creativity, courage, and strength will get you there.

Turtles In Northern Florida said...

sending LOTS of good thoughts!

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and Walt!! So glad things are on an upswing!!

Tina C. said...

It's good to hear from you, Gina! Good luck with the move!

Anonymous said...

I am so lucky to have jack just a hop and a jump away, he told me earlier this week that when he is in Alaska in a few weeks he is even going to go fix and A1 and he is a Gammill man, he is certainly the BEST......

Sending rainbows and loads of hugs to you, I know how hard it is to try to find the new you with everything that has happened, you will shine... Love U More, Ronda

Anonymous said...

sending good juju your way!

Related Posts with Thumbnails