Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Sirloin Tips Made Easily

This should go on one of those 30 minute meals eh? My sis originally sent it from a favorite magazine, and I tweeked it to my own tastes. Its a wonderful run to when I have left over rib eye steaks or Tri tip. In fact, I dont believe I have ever planned this meal and bought specific ingredients for it! It got me to thinking the other day when Judy was wondering what to do with LO roasta Beef:) So last night, while I had a shop being walled, I played with gravy, and it was delish!
I think..................this smallish kitchen requires lotsa 30 minute meals!

TIP: I have a lil ingredient in my pantry that is a staple( in addition to wine, of course) and used when I like to change the color of stews, gravies, etc. "Kitchen Bouquet". It was yet another one of my Mama's secrets she didnt tell me about until my 30's! No msg, good flavor, and a perfect rich brown color. Its found in the spice section and used by chefs everywhere! If you try it, remember that less, is more.)

Sirloin Tips In Wine Sauce:
Serves 2-4

2 Tbls. all-purpose flour
1/8 Tsp. ground mustard
1 lb. boneless beef top sirloin steak, thinly sliced or cubed (or left over steaks!)
2 Tbls. butter ( PLZ dont use margarine, I'll smell it from over here!)
1 1/2 cups beef broth
1/2 cup dry red wine
1 cup sliced mushrooms ( your choice, button or baby bellos)
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1 Tsp. worcestershire sauce

Hot cooked linguine, fettucini or any egg noodles

In a large Zip Loc bag, combine the flour and mustard. Add beef, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, brown beef in butter. Add mushrooms, cook down a little. Add wine and cook down again. Add broth Stir in the onions and worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until sauce is thickened. ( At this point it will be a caramel color. You can change to dark brown with kitchen bouquet if you like)Serve over linguine. If you like you can sprinkle a little more diced green onion shafts on top, but if you serve with a green vegetable, no need:)

2 comments:

Thearica said...

When's dinner! That sounds yummy!

Anonymous said...

I used to buy Kitchen Bouquet when I was first married. Have forgotten about it but I put it on my grocery list. Also the leftover steak recipe sounds delicious.
Suzanne T.

Related Posts with Thumbnails