Monday, July 11, 2011

The BEST Part

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."
– Aristotle

I did it again. I'm not happy about it either. I have cornered the market on doing dumb things with my smart phone. It dead. It got wet. My pants pocket has proven to be a very dangerous place. This time it was the potty. Yes, I am a dumb ass. GRUNT. I am already missing Words with friends and I wish to know WHY its on phones and Ipads, and I cant have the app on my PC. I wrote a letter to the developer. We shall see.

I had a fabulous week with Aviana! She had a blast too. Three play dates with her cousin Emily, and lots of one on one time with Nonni. I bet she misses me too:) ( or Pappa cause he seems to be more fun). I asked what was her "best"part and without hesitation she exclaimed FROGGIES! Come on... the kiddie store in Cambria? Sheesh. Not cuddling or reading with Nonni? Not swimming or quilting with Nonni? SHOPPING????  (must be in the genes). Now if only I could get lil Jamie over here! Maybe I should just roadtrip to Idaho?
Truthfully, I must get back to quilting. I find that if I dont keep my hands in motion, my skills get a bit jiggly. According to the above qoute, I am correct. My hands in motion is by far my best habit! I pray never to lose it.I have been trying to figure out how to make a little sewing station upstairs here. I cant handle idle hands while watching TV. I just cant? Humming machines seem to be the most relaxing technique that I use. It must stem from childhood. All of the machines in my parents shop just humming away still play in my mind. I guess its my turn to plant that sound in the grands minds :)
Have a marvelous Monday peoples!
Love yer guts!

M & M's:

Seven different activities with Aviana, the "best" part, sewing!

1 comment:

Linda said...

My kids still love the hum of the sewing machine. I sewed them to sleep many a night! Happy to hear life is okay. Wish I had grandchildren, sigh. I'll have to see if I can borrow some? Have a great week.
Lurking Linda

Related Posts with Thumbnails