Saturday, July 16, 2011

Something To Do.

"There is always something to do.
 There are hungry people to feed, naked people to clothe, sick people to comfort and make well.
While I don't expect you to save the world I do think it's not asking too much for you to love those with whom you sleep, share the happiness of those whom you call friend.
 Engage those among you who are visionary and remove from your life those who offer you depression, despair and disrespect."

Oh man when I read that I heard my Mama say
" Tell me who you're with and I'll tell you who you are". How about.... "If you're bored, you're just boring, go find what there is to do for someone!....LOL
And I smiled at her comfort. Isn't it so true that we just dont have the room in our hearts for those who wish to ruin the WORK of a happy journey through life? Isn't it also as true that when around those who are encouraging if not visionary, we too become motivated?Isn't it  so comforting to do for others and relieve yourself of your own little pity parties?
 I miss you Ma. I wish to pick of the phone and yak your ear off, make you laugh, and be scolded. I wish to tell you of my sorrows and listen to yours.
I suppose she has none now eh? I'm happy about that.

Ok, so I have no idea why I am on this brain wave.. I suppose it was reading the above quote today...lol
Today is a quilting day. Finishing up a Christmas quilt, then hopefully loading Avianas treasure for her Dad. Hoe Hope... Im having difficulty with this quilt as it has many layers and the joining seams incredibly tough! I have now gone through 3 needles ( sz 18). Maddening I tell you! Remember its what I believe jumped the timing last week. Today, I WILL win.
Have a great week end, and I will too:)
LYG
G

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails