Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Hooked On Things

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip."
– Will Rogers

Good morning:) By the time I was on my second cuppa this H.O.T. morning, I had a light bulb moment about my Ma's lil addictions through out her life. I could never figure out why she got attached to certain things, and they would come and go within several months. During those months she was obsessed with said addictions. It was especially a butt scratcher when I appeared with her latest attachment, only to find that she had moved onto a different one and didnt know WHY I would serve her such a thing. I can (off the top of my head) cite grapefruit, pink, with splenda, cherries, enough to make her ill. rootbeer in the half sizes.Cherry tomatoes with a salt shaker. Barbie sized juice glass with fresh squeezed orange juice. Popcorn nightly in same barbie bowl. ( Mom was hooked on teeny tiny barbie sized things forever)
 This may not seem odd, until you make it a MUST HAVE issue. On a daily basis. Now you might be wondering why the heck I'm chit chatting about this eh? Well, they say that every woman one day wakes up and discovers their own Mother in the mirror. I know you are all grunting right now, me too. For the last month or so I have been eating the SAME breakfast, and enjoying the SAME popsicles for dessert at night.Yep yep yep. Even while visiting family, in each place I ran to the store to stuff the fridge with my current... needs shall we say? Last evening I ran to the corner store for my favorite popsicle becuase we ran out? This morning while arranging my three little peache slices, cottage cheese cup, and peeling my hard boiled egg, all on a paper plate so that I dont have to wash the dang thing.. it hit me. Bingo. Its in the freaking genes Gina!!! Look at you! OCD? no! Ma!!! (Side note...do we blame all things on Moms or what?)
As soon as I complete this post I'm calling my sis and asking if its happening to her yet too!
Why cant I get hooked on excercise????? No... small kitchen gadgets is more my speed...little teeny whips, lemon juicers, garlic tools... yep yep yep... if I wait long enough, the answers come. thanks Ma.





2 comments:

Chris said...

OMG I LOVE that quote. Thanks for posting it.

Anonymous said...

what was for lunch and dinner?

B :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails