Friday, October 7, 2011

Chicken and Swiss Chard

Hey!!! I been playing with food again! Watch out! This is delish! Next time I think I'll try some toasted nuts in it! On it. And red bell peppers too!
I have chicken issues. Its not a favorite. So I need to find innovative ways to prepare it. After I made rainy day chicken and dumplins, I made this. Healthier and better for me, live it approved. I love swiss chard. Ma made it all the time with just carmelized onions and garlic. Remember to wash it well and remove stems or you will have a woody taste.










  •         1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1 cup thinly sliced onions
  • 2 garlic cloves, crushed
  • 1 teaspoon  red pepper flakes
  • 1 lrg bunch  Swiss chard, stems removed and thinly sliced, leaves chopped
  • 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 2 pieces cooked chicken, cut up. ( I stole 1 thigh and 1 breast from my soup)
  • Sprinkle of Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper

Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and garlic. Cook, stirring often, until soft, about 5 minutes. Add red pepper flakes; stir 1 minute. Add chard stems; sauté for about 3 minutes. Add leaves and cook, tossing often, until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes, maybe less. Stir in apple cider vinegar. Add butter; toss until melted.  Add  chicken bites and Season to taste with salt and pepper.

*Paws ~N~ Claws are pretty! Trips almost here!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails