Monday, October 17, 2011

Home From MQX West

"We are not what we know but what we are willing to learn."
Mary Catherine Bateson


I had a wonderful learning experience.
I loved seeing my friends and colleagues.
I was thrilled with so many stunning quilts.
I got SO SICK.
yep yep yep... It began with a sore throat and turned into a chest cold to beat all! pain I tell you! On my Birthday no less!!! I slept away the last 24 hours of my stay, and stayed AWAY from everyone I could. I came home to find Walt sicker than I am!
Needless to say that today he is at the doctor and I am Lysol-ing the house while trudging around with tissues up my nostrils. ( got a visual didnt ya?) I really must push on because of deadlines on quilts, just like last week with techniques to be learned! Did I learn? Dear Lord I hope so.
Okay, so...Portland. Twice now I've been and never saw the sun either trip. I would say now that the Pacific Northwest is not home for me. Nice to visit, but damn......
News from PIQF: We didnt win a ribbon:( Damn.... I'm entering Blue into the next one! I'm so not taking NO for an answer! Beautiful wins there were, including a local first entry, Junes client, Margaret. Congratulations to the two of them! I wish that I could have made it to Santa Clara, but then again, I was too sick for that one too! Next time.
So my Monday has to MOVE... Hope you have a productive one too!
LYG!
G


M & M's include:

Quilt trips! Sick or not!
New tools!!! All over!!!
Safe flights across four dang states! WTH?
That new Pandora charm:)
Stamina. grunt.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to finally meet you Gina! The sun is due out today, along with a temp of 70ยบ. Just morning clouds coming off the rivers right now, but I can nearly see the sun burning through already.

Vicki W said...

It's awful to be sick on vacation but I'm glad you weren't sick for all of it and had a great time! I hope you and Walt feel better soon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails