Thursday, March 15, 2012

Nutritional Nuts!

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."– Eleanor Roosevelt



 Do ya love em? I do! Pistachio being my nut of choice these days. Go figure eh... I love trees...lol
The best thing about my pistachios are they health benifit of the natural protein. I can have a palm sized amount of nuts, fullfill my snack desires, feel full, and I havent destroyed my health plan!
It sure beats sitting down with a bag of potato chips and feeling like a L.O.S.E.R. afterward!
This is my nut dish. I keep it handy at all times however I know better than to put on the feed bag and empty the bowl as nuts can be quite fattening if overdosed. I especially like the center space for the shells. Tip: these shells work great in the bottom of plante pots for container gardening!  I do switch the nuts out for almonds every month or so. They too are good for you. Unless of course you buy all the flavored ones with salts or sugars. Please resist the temptation.
These natural beauties I'm told are good for my heart. People who eat nuts as part of a heart-healthy diet can lower the LDL, low-density lipoprotein or "bad," cholesterol level in their blood. High LDL is one of the primary causes of heart disease.  I dont want that! I also wish to thwart off any blood clots, which I have found this to be true of nuts as well.
 I am improving with every step I take toward a healthier lifestyle. I cannot believe the things I am learning about my "old" way of eatting. ( and all Americans!) Im going incredibly slow with progress, and I still have a cookie sometimes. Because I love them! I wish that I had been more educated 20 years ago. I really do. I want to live to see my mug on that Smuckers Jelly jar when I turn 100... I think I am on the right track.  Finally!






No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails