Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Seafood Sunomono (cucumber salads)

This one of my favorite go to salads for snacking. Found usually at your local sushi house but its so easy and good for you, have it at home! Often! I do use Splenda as opposed to the sugar, I cant tell the differance. When I am at a sushi house I love to have the fresh seaweed added! Shown here as a snacker with no proteins. You know I love cucumber water eh?

I KNOW I should have been a mermaid. grunt.

Crab or Seafood Sunomono (cucumber salads)

Ingredients

  • 1 large English cucumber
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon sugar or SPLENDA*
  • 1 tsp soy sauce
  • Sesame seeds
  • 1 Cup crab, or #10 Shrimps
Peel and slice cucumber into very thin slices. ( Mandolin or super sharp paring knife) Sprinkle sliced cucumber slices with salt and let stand a few minutes. Squeeze out excess moisture.
 Combine vinegar, sugar, and soy in a bowl and mix well. Pour the mixture over the cucumber slices and mix well. Fold in Seafoods. Top with toasted sesame seeds.  If left refridgerated for a few hours, the cukes wilt a bit, but the flavors are delish!
 TIP: I have found in many of my recipes, that if you buy the sesame seeds in a bag in the hispanic isle, they are much fresher, and less than HALF the cost of bottled brand names! FYI!

 *Adapted loosely from an old Bobby Flay recipe. I think I FIXED his:)

On another note...................................
I sure have. Nuff said.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails