Friday, June 13, 2008

Friday The 13th-Negativity

Why do they say its unlucky anyway? Is it because Jesus was the 13th man ( 12 disciples) and he was crucified? Is it because there are 13 steps to the hangmans gallow? Because there are only 12 months in a year as opposed to ancient Mayas 13 month calendar? I think I'll google this!

I think its negative BS.

I have No room in my heart for anything negative. Therefore, I shall not let it in. Life is too short to have bad blood, and good relationships are important, and most nesesary in life. (my choice of which relationship) I dont have room in my heart for hating anyone, nor do I have room for those who would think ill of me. A good friend was quick to point that out. Thank you, ::wink:: Some people are more than willing to spew hateful and jealous things, and go right over the good in life. Some find it difficult to find the good, or think it NOT FUN to discuss good things. I find it difficult to discuss the bad, choosing a different path on my journey through life.It could end tomorrow you know, for any of us. Remember when I talked about not giving a rats ass if someone liked me or not? Choices was the post I think. So when I get upset about getting older, about my knee, or stairs... about losing my son like no one else in the world ever has... when someone makes a nasty comment.. or any other negative thing thrown at me, I refuse to let it in. I refuse to give it wings to fly.( ok I may have a nostril or 2 flare for a minute, but its short lived:) Life is REALLY too short, and people who live in glass houses, should never throw stones. I, just like everyone else on this planet, have some glass in my house.. I wont be throwing any stones.
PS: And then theres that pesky ole` Kharma thing..................

8 comments:

Freda said...

I hope you have a great day Gina. I do not know how the unlucky Friday the 13th got started but I just never believed in things like that.

Carol said...

Friday the 13th has always been one of the great days throughout my life - wonderful things always happen. Or maybe they happen everyday and I just notice more on Friday the 13th. LOL. I agree - and am inspired - by your discussion of not letting negative talk in - it is like poison. Maya Angelou has a story she tells about a man telling an inappropriate story at a party at her own home. She overheard him and asked him to leave as that type of talk and thinking permeates every part of her home and she did not want any of it there. I love it!

Desert Threads said...

My oldest daughter, Mari, (shown on my blog) was born 39 years ago today.......on Friday 13th, so it can't be all bad.

The Sarah Bear said...

Harmony was born on Friday the 13th! Definitely a good day!!! :) I love you sis!

Anonymous said...

I've always felt that Friday the 13th is just another day that can be whatever we make it.

I was glad to be reminded of your Choices post and to read it again. There is a lot of truth in what you wrote and it helped me to read it again.

I am sorry to read that someone has been saying negative things--I hope they haven't hurt you.

I loved your craig's list desk, what a great find and bargain!
My best to you,
TeresaL

Anonymous said...

Bravo to you G, I agree with you completely
My thought are.....

On a daily basis I meet with Nasty and Negative people. Can't they go live on a deserted Island, and leave us happy, positive people alone? No matter what, there isn't a day that goes by, that I don't encounter either a nasty or negative person.
I truly understand there are alot of horrible things going on in the world, but really, give me a break. Do these people have to constantly inflict their negativity and nasty nature on us, on a daily basis. If things are that bad, get some help. I am a happy, positive person myself, who believes in treating others in a considerate manner.This frenzy of negativity is especially irritating to me. I have had many serious things happen to me in my life, which I'm sure to these people would seem like the perfect excuse to dump all over everyone else. Get a life! Leave us individuals, who are trying to make the best out of a not so perfect world, ALONE! Go and abuse each other with your nasty, negative comments. I DO NOT want to hear it ANYMORE!! Got It!

Love U Always. B.

Anonymous said...

Winking back at ya.... Stay strong, stay well, stay happy, fill your heart with all that is good in this world, some days it seems like very little but we can and will make the little things HUGE! Our broken hearts and souls can only handle the love and great things in this world today, yesterday may not have been kind but our todays and tomorrows will always be filled with goodness and the things that our beloved Son's blessed us with.... Love ya more Gina, you are a beautiful Friend, Mom and Wife..... Ronda

Anonymous said...

Friday the 13th was the day the Pope ordered the attack on the Knights Templar. This is why it is considered unlucky. Strange, but yes, true. So, if you don't happen to be part of the order of the Knights Templar, I don't think there's all that much to worry about. Right?

Related Posts with Thumbnails