Thursday, July 9, 2009

What Day Is Today?

It's really all a blurr. Our 4th of July weekend was indeed a wild one in more ways than one. I was called on Sunday with a full house here, that my Mom went into ICU with an infection and dehydration. I made a quick exit plan, and did just that. While Sis and I were tending to Mom, Dad fell ill and we called 911 for him. Both in the hospital on separate floors, my sis and I went to work on a game plan. We moved my parents from our family home into an apartment near sis. Now of course it held not a THIRD of the house, but all with all essentials in place we brought them both home yesterday. To sum things up,they are very scared children. Understandably so. But it was our best choice. The in home nurses came by and said they were on the mend. ( I dont thik sis and I are). This will be no easy trip for Kelly. I'm scared too. We have managed care plans, white boards up, all ADA compliant features in the place, and calls for prayer. ( for us all). They are determined to stay together, and we are trying to honor their wishes. Mom is doing better, however dementia is climbing. Dad is a very large demanding child who needs care and doesnt care where he gets it, as long as he does. Needless to say its been a hellofa ride for 5 days. I just arrived home in time for 2 check ins, wine 30, and damn I need a shower. I REALLY wish that I didnt have to cook tomorrow morning. Walt & Francella did great while I was away, which allowed me to fully concentrate on the kids:)
I'll be back when rested and can better explain. Thanks for your emails and well wishes, they kept me going VIA blackberry:)
LYG

11 comments:

Vicki W said...

Holy smokes girl! You do need wine!

I'm sorry for all of the drama. Your parents are lucky to have such devoted children.

Freda said...

I am so sorry about your parents Gina. It is very difficult to know what to do with our parents when they can no longer care for themselves. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Thomas (& Laura) Hodge said...

Bless You and Yours. We're praying in Colorado.
Luvs,
Laura & Tom

Anonymous said...

Best wishes and big hugs,

Karen A.

Marilyn said...

You sure do need wine 30.....Many wishes
for a good outcome with all involved.


Marilyn

The Sarah Bear said...

I AM SICK THAT I MISSED YA! I wish I knew I would have helped - somehow - someway! I love you and will keep mom, dad, and your family in my prayers.

Deborah Levy said...

Oh Gina darling, such drama that you didn't need. but we soldier on, and it sounds like you parents are very lucky to have you looking after them.

Do take the time to care for yourself as well.

Thinking of you and yours.

Anonymous said...

Dearest Gina....I'm so sorry your Ma & Dad are not well. Your story echos what my brother & I went through with our parents. Please know you are all in our prayers from this day forward. Like Deb said....it's vital that you and sis take care of yourselves too.
With Quilted Hugs
Jill

Desert Threads said...

I was without a computer for a few days so just reading this. My hugs and prayers going out to all of you.

Anonymous said...

so sorry to hear of your added responsibilties. parents get to be the children again....take care of you, too. sending prayers and cyber hugs your way. shirley

Gretchen said...

Oh my goodness girlfriend. I am so sorry. Your parents are so very luck to have you and your sister. A very difficult time indeed.
Hugs to you...

Related Posts with Thumbnails