Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Worry

"A day of worry is more exhausting than a week of work."John Lubbock

Why is this one of the hardest lessons in life to learn? IMHO that is. I wake up, go through the day, and fall asleep with this worry sin of mine. I hear there are meds for this right?:::oh chit, Im on them::::
Im not sure I ever grasped the concept of worry being a sin, or 99 percent of what we worry about never materializes. Or... worrying makes us old, quick... all of those rules of thumb. I still worry. No kidding.. If I KNOW better, why is it that I do not DO better?:::another one of those sayings::: It seems to me that I give it all to God, and either he throws it back, or my faith is weak. Ok, so I KNOW that answer, you dont have to tell me.
I worry so much that now I'm worrying about what worry is doing to me. Crap. Where's Ma when I need her?
Real Definition:
Worry is thoughts and images of a negative nature in which mental attempts are made to avoid anticipated potential threats.[1] As an emotion it is experienced as anxiety or concern about a real or imagined issue, usually personal issues such as health or finances or broader ones such as environmental pollution and social or technological change. Most people experience short-lived periods of worry in their lives without incident; indeed, a moderate amount of worrying may even have positive effects, if it prompts people to take precautions (e.g., fastening their seat belt or buying fire insurance) or avoid risky behaviours (e.g., angering dangerous animals, or binge drinking).
Worry is the misuse of your imagination. It is thinking vividly about what you don't want to happen in the future or dwelling on an unhappy past event.
Excessive worry is the main component of generalized anxiety disorder.

Thats so NOT me! I mean it IS me, NOW.. but its SO NOT ME!  Say it isnt so!
Well... THATS enough to make me ponder more positively eh? Maybe turn on a good book and stick my nose in a quilt? Oh dear... I wonder if that equates to sticking my head in the sand as not to face things.
And I thought I was such a tough cookie... Ppffttt!
I better get busy and do whats possible not to worry about all of these IMPOSSIBLE things around me.
Wheres the second cuppa? Who's got a cookie?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails