Friday, February 3, 2012

Congo Squares

Disclaimer: I am NOT from the south! I hear tell these are. My kids loved them, as did their Dad, so I made them. Its one of those Bars that everyone but me enjoys. Drools over... I suppose its because chocolate has never really tickled me. Anyway, I thought I should give this to ya since ya know..... MOST quilters dig chocolate and cats? GRUNT.
Hey Kids? Go make some for your Dad. He will be thrilled.

Congo Squares

2 3/4  Cup flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2/3 cup butter
2 1/4 cups brown sugar, ( or one small PKG)
3 eggs
1 cup pecans, chopped
1 pkg chocolate chips

Melt butter  being mindful not to scorch. Add sugar and stir until well mixed.
Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
Add dry ingredients, then nuts, then chips.
Pour into a greased 9x12 pan.
Bake @ 350 for 30 minutes

NET: 2 Dozen

2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Gina I AM from the South, and we call them Congo Bars here. I've never been able to make a good batch of these, although I've tried several recipes. I think I will give this one last try. Thanks for sharing it. And oh by the way, I don't do cats ;-)

Anonymous said...

I made these and they were good. But the dough is more stiff and I would have to say I patted it into the pan not poured it like it said. Quick way to make choco. chip cookies that are bars.
Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails