Thursday, July 8, 2010

Pressure Cooker Thoughts

True leadership is often defined in moments of extreme pressure.

I have no idea where I heard this... its not original, but it popped into my head this morning. While listing, shaking, and trying to get my behind in gear without a meltdown! IT HAPPENS.. GEEZ! I just never know when, where, or even why, I just KNOW that it does.

It stikes me odd that in one moment I am pointing.... KNOWING the way::Paul Revere::: and this feels normal to me. Next minute, I am a puddle on the desk trying to outsmart the Bejewlled game.
So be it. Fine. :::side note: remember that when a woman says fine, she is far from it::::

So far I have eaten a pot pie, chewed out the garbage people... downloaded a patten, played bejewelled, made 3 roamer lists, cried twice, searched DMV for personalized plates, found a new quilt tee shirt...combed the stockton record for sniper report, google earthed my BFF Heathers house,spoke for an hour to my cousin in Denver and planned a trip to Italy ( yeh right),  loaded a queen backing, tried to calm my daughter about relocating and threatened to go sit in the sun.
Not much accomplished by 1PM eh? I know!
 I'm worried too! What about? PICK A SUBJECT I TELL YOU!!!

My daughter, walts daughter, snipers in stockton, my vitamin D defiency, my shakes problem, my adnoids, the group quilts unfinished, the quilts not being picked up, the back yard mess, the stupid bird screeching, Walts summer PROJECT ( which there isnt one, or it wouldnt be an issue), is it just my own rules or does everyone need direction? Then theres the the storage issues, the finances, the grands, the trips, the flags on foot that need changing, the messes in the house... and I end up throwing up my arms and saying MOM SAID 90 percent of what I worry about never happens anyway... THEN... I miss Jamie and wonder Where the heck the boys at, and GO DOWN HARD. I slap myself and remind me that I MUST change my state, only to POP back in it in 15 minutes, and do it all over again! I need some good times ... good times to outweigh the bad. Pros, not cons, and I just had a whopping week end????
Oh Lord its so hard to be me.

True leadership is often defined in moments of extreme pressure.

3 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Wish I had words to help. Just know that there are those of us out in blog land that care!

Gina said...

Thanks, it really does help:)

Anonymous said...

You are often in my thoughts.
TeresaL

Related Posts with Thumbnails