Thursday, July 17, 2008

Cioppino Night



What could be better than your own delicious Cioppino recipe on a Friday(opps, Thursday) night?




GOING OUT TO DINNER AND HAVE SOMEONE SERVE YOU A DELICIOUS CIOPPINO!!!!


Yes, yummy, after a full quilting day hubby says " I feel like Cioppino".. MUSIC, I tell ya, to my ears!!!


CIAO BELLA, Embarcadero, Morro Bay.. Delish! The best part? I didnt cook it! I didnt serve it! I didnt shop for the fresh fishes! I just got dressed, spritzed some perfume, brushed my teeth, and Voila! I was fed! OMG I love that.


BUT.................. Of course theres a but, come on.. its me! Heres my Cioppino recipe, go make it, no wait!!!! Have your buddy or your hubby make it for you!


Ingredients

4 garlic cloves, minced

1/4 cup olive oil

1 medium onion, chopped fine ( of course I like sweet Maui Wowies)

1/2 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes

1 red bell pepper, chopped

1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar

1 1/2 cups dry white wine

1 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled

1 bay leaf

a 28-to 32-ounce can whole tomatoes including juice, puréed coarse ( Use fresh when in season)

1 tablespoon tomato paste

2 pounds hard-shelled crab legs

12 small hard-shelled clams, scrubbed well

1/2 pound medium shrimp, shelled, leaving tails

1/2 pound sea scallops

1 pound white fish fillet, cut into 1-inch pieces ( sub halibut sometimes)

2 tablespoons minced fresh Italian parsley leaves

Fresh Parm cheese
Fresh minced basil for that sweet toof:)


Preparation

In a heavy kettle (at least 5 quarts) cook garlic in oil over moderate heat, stirring, until pale golden. Add onion and cook, stirring, until softened. Add pepper flakes and bell pepper and cook, stirring, until softened. Add vinegar and boil until evaporated. Add wine, oregano, and bay leaf and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in tomato purée and tomato paste and bring to a boil.
Add clams and simmer, covered, 15 minutes, checking often and transferring clams as they open with tongs to a bowl (discard unopened ones).

Add shrimp, scallops,crab legs and fish to soup and simmer, covered, 5-7 minutes, or until seafood is just cooked through. Gently stir clams back in,.......sprinkle with parsley and fresh Parm cheese.


** all fresh seafoods can be substituted when in season, I especially love to add in calamari:) YUM YUM


Serve with a delicious french or sourdough bread, and more wine!

3 comments:

Featheronawire Sally Bramald said...

This sounds to wonderful for words. If only there were a restaurant round here which made anything like as good as this. Even though I'm reading this first thing in the morning, it's making me salivate.

Turtles In Northern Florida said...

oh yum I am printing this out to give to hubby...oh yum.

Anonymous said...

I'm sitting here hungry, and that sounds so danged good! I think I'd rather drive to Morro Bay and have it in the resteraunt, though! Collin and I have to be at Cal Poly on Monday. Maybe I can bribe him into dinner in MB! :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails