Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Coffee Chat

Changing the combination of qualities of ones thoughts.

My parrot is convinced that he is an eagle. He thinks that he is the king of the jungle, that we call home and he can whip the tar out of anyone who dares challenge his superiority. He doesn't have a huge ego, he actually believes that he is ALL that and a bag of chips. He IS Super Chicken. He has patience and the ability to never let you see him sweat. If he is afraid, you wont know it. Rudy has the adaptability of a small child. He can also change his mood :::state:::in an instant. He thinks that if he flaps his wings a bit more that he would take flight over the pacific and soar California for the day. However he doesn't care to. He can also say "good morning Mommy", but he doesn't care to do that either.

Now why am I telling you all of this? Well, some things are just as simple as that. What we can learn from a 10 year old or a parrot is just THAT simple.
 If we think we can, we sure as heck can, and vice versa.
 Why cant we live this way daily? By the minute even? Why is access to this part of our brain so far from reach?
I am not JUST a quilter, ( as some family members dare to speak those words), I am an Artist, albeit a starving one. I am given the gift to nurture and serve with the talents I possess.
Walt is not a just a teacher. He is in charge of the lives of many to form the above combination of qualities of THEIR thoughts. The character of their thoughts! What an awesome responsibility! ( in re reading this last sentence it sounds like Walt's isn't any different than mine.) Maybe its everyone. Maybe its just a simple matter of changing the character of our thoughts. I think that I shall get busy quilting while I ponder this. :::Cause I know I've made you scratch things::::

Character= A combination of qualities. hmmmmmmm

LYG!! Good Morning!!!




Guard your thoughts; they become words.

Guard your words; they become actions.

Guard your actions; they become habits.

Guard your habits; they become character.

Guard your character; it becomes your destiny.

3 comments:

Vicki W said...

Great post!

Yvonne said...

I enjoyed the post also....it's nice to see your posting on a regular basis. :)

Gina said...

Thanks u two.. I decided after all day ponders that I'm right!!!
(what u think I would say?)

Related Posts with Thumbnails