Friday, November 2, 2007

Restoration Journey with Grandmother Amanda


I'll bet you thought I was a slacker on this didnt you? Nope nope nope.... It just takes forever and a night to needleturn all these plates! I am happy to announce that by midnight last night, 14 of 18 plates were salvaged, and she is together and actually a quilt top again! Locked and loaded will begin quilting today:) YIPPEE!!!! I will share the before and after photos when complete, but I wanted to give you a sneak peek at the top. Its very close to Grandmother Amanda's, albeit, the plates are closer together. Why you ask? Well... when I bought, cut, and beat up the foundation blocks, I truly thought I would end up with less plates than I did. ( kudos to me I say) Therefore, they must be sewn closer together. I asked grams..she didnt mind a bit. (j/k Lord). I will also discuss the journey in the last word about this subject! LOL Stay tuned? For now, I shall try some RONDANESS on it... not too much tho.. I've no room to work? LOL
Altho, I must say too that I have the talented hands of Sharon and Ronda on here, and that just tickles me like crazy!! Thanks girls for your nimble needleturning fingers!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to all that blog hopped with me for the PHOTO CONTEST! Sarah isnt in the lead, and to be honest, judging from the site meter, someone is REALLY plugging in numbers for another contestant. (not fair eh?)

I got a chance to view their site and a few others and was impressed with the creativity over there! I think I shall return again and again!
Have a great week end everyone!
G

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is going to be thrilled with the finished quilt! Glad I could help. Can't wait to see the finished product!

Vicki W said...

Awesome job Gina!

Deborah Levy said...

looking great, Gina! Can't wait to see it quilted.

Mary Johnson said...

This is beautiful, I'm sure it is time consuming to recreate. I can't wait to see it quilted. I have an old top I bought off Ebay that I intended to rescue the Dresden Plate blocks from - I'll have to take another look at it and try to work it into my *schedule*.

Anonymous said...

You are amazing, cant wait to see it finished.
B.

Anonymous said...

Great Job, I enjoyed stitchin with ya and sharing some of my DNA (lol)... I know your quilting is going to knock our socks off...... Pictures.....

Randi said...

Gina! It's fabulous! I can't wait to see how you quilt it. Well done!

Gina said...

Yes, I think that as walt says...remodels are ALOT more difficult than a new build....grunt. But, enjoying the journey, and very rewarding. Ok, sometimes..lol Today, Im rocking out quilting and Walt is overseeing the process...doing the pee pee dance to go to the beach again..LOL He is screaming, GITTERDONE WOMAN!!!!!!!!!! ( this I just ignore, no worries)

Yvonne said...

Hi Gina....the quilt is gorgeous. Thanks for the visit and yes, you can have a pumpkin. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails