Friday, April 29, 2011

Lemon Garlic Chicken

 I wanted something fresh and citrusy and you know how I love aromatic sauces. I search high and low for ways to cook chicken so that I am not bored, since chicken isn't a favorite, never has been. I much prefer seafood's or red meats. This dish didn't disappoint on any level! So delicious. Very easy to throw together and plenty of leftovers. Not to mention the yummy "mopable" (is that a word?) sauce! I think next time I may chop some fresh Italian parsley for color because if not for my asparagus, there would have been a need for greens.
Sorry I didn't snap a photo for ya.. I may have drank the remainder of the white wine?

8 chicken thighs
2 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp course ground pepper
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup olive oil
3 cups thinly sliced sweet onions
2 heads of garlic, peeled and smashed, dont be frightened, do it!
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 cup white wine
1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice ( 3 lemons)
1 cup warm chicken broth

350 degree oven preheated

Season chicken with half the salt and all of the course ground pepper. Lightly dredge the chicken in flour, and brown all sides in hot oil in a large oven safe saute pan. ( about 5-6 minutes). Remove the chicken and set aside.
 On med high heat, Add the onions to the oil and scrape while browning. (about 3 minutes)Add the garlic, red pepper, remainder of salt. cook 1 minute. Add wine, and scrape down again. (whiff #1)
Add lemon juice, chicken broth, and chicken pieces. (whiff #2, ahhh)
Bring mixture to a good simmer, cover tightly and bake in oven 15 minutes. Remove the lid, stir a bit, cook 15 minutes longer. (uncovered).

Serve with a crusty french bread for soaking, and maybe a light pasta such as angel hair or fettucini. ( I  steamed some asparagus and the bread. ( avoiding the carbs when I can?)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds awesome. I'll give it a try soon.

Karen A.

Anonymous said...

Lemon Chicken?
and u didnt email me this one because?

LU,B

Rian said...

This is one of our faves--I make it with boneless breast, and it's great.

Related Posts with Thumbnails