Friday, April 8, 2011

Mustard & Thyme Riblets

Do you get bored with same ole same ole recipes that you use? I do too. Especially with Steaks or lamb. In this case, its lamb. My Mother loved to make little lamb riblets in the skillet with lots of spices. She gnawed on them like she was in heaven. It must be where I get my gnawing tendencies?( usually on a pork chop bone). I've been playing with a new recipe the other night and didnt have a lot of faith in the flavors going in but to my pleasant surprise, I hit it on the last try!!  Eee chee Ban! I'm certain that the two different mustards was the key. I think next time I will make this with a leg of lamb! It is super simple and packed with flavor!


1 lb Lamb riblets
------------------------------------------
Marinade:
2 TBLSP Smooth Dijon mustard
2 Tblsp grainy deli mustard (that has horseradish)
2 Tblsp white wine (not much to sacrifice doncha think?)
2 Tblsp finely chopped Thyme
4 Tblsp Olive Oil
----------------------------------
Serve with:
Mint Jelly

Mix all marinade ingredients well. Place riblets in a large Ziploc bag and add the mixed marinade. Refrigerate over night or at least 6 hours.
Preheat your grill pan (use the rippled kind to keep fat off and make pretty marks) Grill over medium heat and cook 12-15 minutes (turning midway) depending on how you like your meat cooked. We like it medium rare.
I think these would be great on the BBQ if you can keep the fire off the fat! (say no to fat)
I served this with mint jelly, and a Pear & Gorgonzola salad. I really wanted some couscous or some kind of starch, but my diet says nooooooooooo.grunt.


"I think the purpose of life is to be useful, to be responsible,
to be honorable, to be compassionate.
It is, after all, to matter: to count, to stand for something,
 to have made some difference that you lived at all."
Leo Rosten

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No Garlic? Lamb needs garlic, what do you think?
Ill try this, where did you find this recipe.

LU, B

Anonymous said...

I thought so too Blim, however the 2 mustards are SO STRONG, I decided that it might battle with garlic.
I found it in my own box of cookbooks while unpacking! LOL It was on a 3x5 card in my own handwriting. I swear I never seen it before? ( halfheimers?)
Let me know what u make with it.
LUB

Related Posts with Thumbnails