Monday, July 2, 2007

Roasted Garlic

My daughter is about as crazy about garlic as Walt is. More so than I, these 2 will eat it straight up! They crave it? Be careful when you bite into a pizza they have ordered too... OH man is it garlic'd up!
I wish she and her family were coming for the 4th. Maybe Heather will bring her baby girl over for the fireworks? It could happen?

Tonight I am making it simple, some Ground Round Steaks on the Q, a spinach salad, and some crusty bread:) Roasted garlic makes a very tasty spread for crusty bread. It is also yummy in mashed potatoes, as a dipping plate with balsamic, or a soup base, but I really am trying to limit carb consumption, so when I want bread, I wont make a starch. Awesome for your favorite Bruschetta recipes too!


4 Whole Heads Of Garlic
1/2 Cup Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper

Remove the outer leaves of the heads of garlic, keeping the bulbs intact. Cut off the top 1/2 inch of the bulbs. Place the bulbs in a small baking pan, and drizzle with the olive oil. Fill the pan with water or broth until the bulbs are half covered. Cover with aluminum foil, and bake in a 450 degree F. oven for around one hour, or until the garlic is soft. Season to taste.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

G, this garlic dish is better on the BBQ, and....why havent you posted it on Blimacake, huh huh huh??? and did you take the picture or did you snag it? :)

LUB, B.

Anonymous said...

Yum! I'll have to try that.
Marnie

Related Posts with Thumbnails