Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy Birthday To Mom & Brother John:)

‎"I may not have gone where I intended to go,
 but I think I have ended up where I needed to be."
 Douglas Adams
After stumbling around for the coffee this morning, holding my allergy pressured face, with Ma on my mind, I opened the words above and I knew that she was still with me. Somewhere. For that, I keep calm and carry on. It may as well have been her saying those words meant for me.
 I am absolutley certain that she is enjoying her St Patty's Day Birthday with her heavenly family. For that I keep calm and carry on. It didnt stop me from buying her usual green bouquet for my table, however it has stopped me from picking up the phone. I miss you Ma.
This holiday has never been more than Moms Day for all of my life. Corned beef and cabbage always on the stove,and fresh cut green flowers on her table.
 I still find it funny that she landed on green and considered green a least favorite color. I will forever look in the mirror when I wear the color and wonder if I look like a frog.
(her crazy sentiments on the fashion).
I find it strangely comforting that the holiday still lives on in my big brother John. As many of you may remember that we only re met each other (I believe) in 2007. I'm wondering if he likes the color green? Dear John? just like Moms flowers on the table, I am chewing on black licorice in your honor ( yep, for breakfast!). So I suppose while the entire world wears frog green and drinks a brewskie for St Patricks Day, yours truly will be making a corned beef and cabbage while munching on black licorice, and smelling the flowers over there. Keeping calm, carrying on, thinking of my Ma and brother. Have a wonderful day, and so will I.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails