Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Work To Live Or Live To Work?

Man sacrifices his health in order to make money.
 Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health.
 Then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present;
the result being that he does not live in the present or the future;
 He lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."
Dali Lama

One may wonder if the title is speaking about a quilter for hire? Hmmmm I wonder if I will have any good quotes left behind? You know, hey! Use your Olive Oil!, or, "HERE! I love your guts. grunt."  How about, "Be nice or go home!" I know! "Live well, get a manicure!" lol I'm so shallow at times. Or... aged 7? I think it was Blima that accused me of that. I wonder if the Dali lama gets high? I DO NOT KNOW where that came from! Wow.. I need more coffee. BRB.
Ok, I figured out where it came from. Its all of these people who have taken art to the level of infinity, and then I find out that they are generally reaching places of their minds with the help of chemicals rushing through their veins. Name me one person in music, film, art, even business inventions that wasn't higher than a kite and sometimes fell at the hand of such. Lets use Pink Floyd just to keep things recent.  Addicts and a clear artists. I always detested this music (until Mufasa trying to find a way to convince me of his greatness) :::cause G must be SOLD, not TOLD::::: Where was I? Oh!.. He brought me a CD of Pink Floyd's music played by an orchestra. A full on rendition of each of the hits. I am not exaggerating when I now tell you that THIS pair was brilliant! ( Roger Waters and David Gilmore) Through different ears did I hear this music. Pink Floyd Symphonic. I realize that this is a classical rendition of his music, but my ears cannot stand  Pink Floyd doing it, yet swoons hearing the symphonic versions!
 So who else? Elvis? Picasso? Dumb luck or drugs? I know! Charlie Sheen! Now theres a mind right? Just ask him! How about finding a high while exercising? :::I cringed on that one:::: Maybe our creativity comes from work alone? If we enjoy our work, we are creative in it? We should all be so lucky to live to work and enjoy this, yes? Of course, yes.
 I personally post a prayer and sometimes drink a glass of wine when calling out for my Mojo. I'm not sure that's gonna do the trick..lol Speaking of, I'm going to put on some tunes, take 2 Excedrin and make a fresh cuppa and get to work! Chemicals.. see ! Yen Can Cook!
PS: Live to quilt?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails