Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My Favorite Lil Pasta Dish

Mornin... Well... I didn’t walk last evening:( I did well all friggin day on foods until... I made a Ahi tuna steak, split it with walt.. and then I made this little pasta dish with red peppers and garlic? I portioned out 1/2 cup, ate it.. then went back for another cup ful!!! I think I better not cook anymore:(( damn it.
I drank a slimfast shake, and my coffee.. Im going for a Cliffwalk in a bit with Ginger. I ll wrap my knee and Pray that I don’t overeat at lunch at the bar and grill a friend and I are meeting at. THIS isn’t easy, not by a long shot, but I think I better quit weighing every morning.. its making me mental!!! I need a personal trainer too!!!

Heres the recipe for you, it hails from my friend Blima who does this a bit differently than I do. You can really experiment with different combinations of vegetables. My favorite posted below. Admittedly, she sends me this bag from Canada, ( this is my last one Blim, send!!!) I have been told it CAN be found here, but I havent yet and I do look everywhere!
I shouldnt make this anymore as it is hazardous to my health! I'm so happy to have a gas stove this week! Wow!
1 bag pasta ( Israeli Couscous)
1 Tblsp Olive Oil
1 small red onion, chopped
1 tsp minced garlic
1 red bell pepper, cut into slim strips
1 Tblsp chopped Italian Parsley
2 cups HOT chicken broth
Salt & Pepper to taste
Saute onion and garlic in olive oil until golden brown. Add Pasta and red pepper and stir until brown. ( not dark). Add parsley and broth, cover and simmer 10 minutes.
*Again, experiment with favorite vegetables, I have done with tomato and zucchini, mushrooms, u name it....this is a fabulous dish!
High in protein, and unfortunately, carbs. cholestrol free, fat free, sodium free too! ( til I screw it up with my stuff eh?)


1 comment:

Gretchen said...

That sounds pretty good, and good for you too. I'd probably add some chicken and maybe some hot pepper and call it a meal.
And for heavens sake, don't weigh yourself daily. Once a week is good enough. Heck I probably wouldn't even do it that often if we didn't need to check in on Friday at MQR.

Related Posts with Thumbnails