Sunday, January 4, 2009

What Have You Done Today:::edited::::

To make you feel proud?





Yep, I hijacked it... but I was standing in the kitchen, cookie in mouth, feeling like crap.. and I heard this song, and of course, the tears began. ( because thats how I roll these days?) There isnt a soul on earth that doesnt wish to be proud of themselves each and everyday. So just like happines is a choice, so is the act of doing something to be proud of yourself. :::hmmm, hand in hand maybe?::::

It's easy enough to be proud of those that you love, not so all of the time with ones self eh? I can rattle off an entire list of those people, those triumphs in others I would beam about, but when pondering myself, not so easy these days. MY BAD.I've learned that it much easier to say, than to do. MUCH hard work.
Life's messy, clean it up. I'm on it.

ANSWER: I made this soup and packaged it up for neighbors and friends, even if they arent here. It's a feel good Zoupa, and its good for you too. I once lost a lot of freaking weight eating just this soup, Genoa french bread, and wine:) ( Leave out cheese, of course) Thinking about tomorrow.. thanks for thinking with me:)

Minestrone Rose

6 slices bacon chopped
1 tblsp crushed garlic
1 potato chopped
2 cup spinach chopped
½ head chopped cabbage
1 cup shell pasta
1 can kidney beans
½ tblsp oregano
1 bay leaf
1 onion chopped
½ c diced carrot
½ c diced celery
1 sliced zuccini
1 can green beans
½ tblsp basil
½ tblsp cumin
½ tblsp pepper
salt to taste
1 pound diced tomato
1 gallon beef stock
Fresh shredded parm cheese

In a 7 quart pot fry bacon until crisp, remove and reserve.
Fry onion and garlic in bacon fat until tender, scraping the pot. Return bacon to pot , add seasonings and stock. Heat to boiling and add all vegetables simmer 45 min, add pasta, simmer 15 min longer.

5 comments:

Diana said...

I love this song! I have heard it before but never the whole song. Is it the biggest Loser theme or something? It is making me crazy that I can't remember it. HELP ME!

Anonymous said...

Gina - I know the feeling. I've been struggling through my recovery from two major surgeries within the span of four days, the usual holiday blues of an orphan with a dysfunctional family, and then the sorrows of my friends on top of that. I too cry at the drop of a hat. I know, however, that the only person on the face of this earth that can make me happy is ME. I have to choose. Do I want to be miserable, or do I want a life filled with joy? Well, that's not such a tough choice is it? I choose joy!! As you say, it's something you have to work at, but let's start finding the joy in every day. I'll do it if you will.

Anonymous said...

Both you and Linda, I can't say how much joy I would find in each day knowing that I had faced what the two of you have lived through. Adversity is one thing when you go through it and it's over but for both of you, though different, it's an every day experience that you will both deal with every day of your life. I can see how it's real hard to get up each morning and find joy in the day. All I can say is that you both are an inspiration to me! When I think of the tiny little problems in my life that get to me, I think of a life of heartache and memories that grip the heart and cause the tears to flow or waking up each day knowing I can't function in the manner I'd like to or knowing I face a painful day . . I'm truly blessed. I wish I could help you, I wish I could take away some of your pain, I wish I had a magic wand!

The Sarah Bear said...

Babe - I wish you could see yourself with my eyes... you are such an amazing woman and do so many things that you should be proud of... The first thing on my list is how proud you should be for touching the lives of so many people... making their day just a little bit brighter and better with your words and your wisdom.

I love you...

Anonymous said...

We are proud of you for being able to get through these past months.

(((HUGS)))

Donna (mommadonna in MI)

Related Posts with Thumbnails