Friday, August 31, 2007

Restoration Journey Continues


Please tell me that you havent forgotten about the Dresden files? Well I havent! I am down to needleturn Applique-ing these plates onto blocks. I think #4.. not sure...Its not been an easy ride, but its a rewarding one. I't certainly sharpening my applique skills eh???? I cant wait to be able to post a snapshot journey from beginning to end. I have a file folder for t! I think I shall print and frame them for my customer/new friend Mary. Her kids will enjoy reading about Grandma Amanda one day I'm sure. Today I am flip flopping from the deresden restoration to another restoration job, a 1960's style strip quilt. It's Labor Day week end ya know... I think when I take a break I'll drive downtown just to see the new holiday Pismo Clam. They dress these GIANT rocks shaped like a clam, with a painted pictoral of said holiday. I am so curious to see LAbor day clam..LOL I 'll bring you back a picture! For now, you will have to settle for the labor of me! lol

TGIF and GOOD LUCK TO US TONIGHT! 330 MILLION BUCKS BABAY! I'LL SPLIT IT WITH YA?

4 comments:

Deborah Levy said...

Amazing restoration...you've got more patience than me for sure!!

Have a great laborless day and eat a few of those clams for me...with a good dose of vino, of course!

And BTW, my fingers & toes are crossed for the lotto.

Anonymous said...

Oh my, Gina - what a project - you are certainly braver than I am!

Anonymous said...

oh my. you are good.

Eileen said...

A clam shaped rock that gets decorated for every holiday? Alrighty then. Can't wait for the pics.
In the meantime, what a wonderful thing you're doing with the Dresden blocks-making an heirloom for a family.

Related Posts with Thumbnails