Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Year Without Ma

"Happiness is a butterfly, which, when pursued, is always just beyond your grasp, but which, if you sit down quietly, may alight upon you."
 Nathaniel Hawthorne


I made a plan. I'm gonna go spend time with my Sissy and family, do a matinee and a nice meal out. We will laugh, we will remember, and we will dish some dirt. Then take some popcorn and flowers over to Mom's resting site and tell her all about the day. I think she will like that. She will especially like that we are doing what we all love to do, and doing it on Super Bowl Sunday to boot!! I will tell her of all the smiles for the year, and breeze by all of the tears. I know that she is more than likely aware of all of it ( she always knew) But I'm gonna tell her anyway. I'm almost certain that she knew each and everytime I reached for the phone to call her for advise, a recipe, a landing, a craving for a banan split, or just a good cry. I will thank her for keeping her promise of always being with me,and especially for showing where her walnut herb dressing recipe went, but I will scold her for no tamales this year. This will definetley start an arguement over why I didnt do it my damn self. I will ask her repeatedly if she is with my boy and if all is well. I will beg for an answer by any means. She will probobly skirt that subject and begin tongue wagging me about not taking care of myself this year. I can even hear my middle name and see an eyebrow in full raise.It will be a good day. It will be a rough day.I will make tons of promises, and she will hold me to them. I will forever miss you Ma, stay with me K?
If ONLY I could plan February 12th so easily right? Clic

2 comments:

Mama Pea said...

Awww, that sounds like a good plan. So sorry for your losses. Sounds like you and your mom had a wonderful relationship. Thank goodness for all the wonderful time you had with her.

Anonymous said...

Awesome Gina - But I am not happy over the running mascara on a Monday morning at work while I read your blog. I-yiyi. I do, however, love that I learn from you everyday. Thank you for teaching me how to handle such difficulty with such grace - and humor.

H

Related Posts with Thumbnails